Sunday, October 10, 2010

Departure to Jerusalem

I had to wake up at 5:00 this morning to get to Jerusalem in time for lunch. I had to re-pack all of my bags in order to be prepared for the the 3 day journey ahead. We had a long drive across Egypt, but an even longer wait to get into Israel. As we came up to the border, a riot started at one of the gates. The riot lasted about three hours before it got too violent and the IDF had to interfere with tear gas.


After that, our entry into Israel was smooth and we were able to make it to Jerusalem an hour after lunch. To my relief, it was easy to find more familiar food thanks to so many Jewish immigrants from Europe. After lunch, we went to see the Western Wall. We had to buy and wear paper Kippahs in order to come close to the wall itself.


It was becoming dark, so we checked into a hotel for the night. We ate the hotel dinner, and it was good. IFrom what my host family said, it did not reflect true Israeli food, but it was close enough for me since I was starving!

No comments:

Post a Comment