Saturday, October 9, 2010

Off to Cairo!

Today I arrived in Cairo. Shortly after leaving the airplane, I met my host family and went to their house. On my my way there, we had to go through heavy traffic and it took at least an hour to travel the ten miles from the airport to their home.

Once I arrived, I unpacked and got ready to see the sights in Cairo. Together we visited the Great Pyramids of Giza, along with St. George's Church. Both places were cool, but I thought St. George's was a little gothic and strange. Afterward, we went to eat dinner at a restaurant by the Nile. The food was okay, but once everyone went to bed later that night, I snuck out of the house to go get McDonald's, and enjoyed my Egyptian Big Mac on the street. After finishing my meal, I went back inside to get some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment